Advanced Course in Challenging Conversations and Difficult Situations
This engaging and dynamic CPD-certified course is an extension to the Born at the Right Time Essentials in Communication and Co-production with Parents/Carers. Founded on lived experience, it looks at the key factors which lead to a break down in relationships between parents/carers and practitioners, how this understanding can inform next steps and what meaningful connections between professionals and families might look like. Practitioners should come ready to be interactive and reflective as well as learning from psychology, sociology and research into trauma informed care.
- Using lived experience to understand what can lead to conflict and relationship breakdown
- The factors underpinning challenging situations and difficult conversations
- System structures which negatively affect effective communication and collaboration
- The impact of trauma and use of trauma informed practice
- BRAVING inventory (Brene Brown) and creating healthy boundaries
- Ways to create professional, meaningful connection with parents/carers in the current context.
- 4 hours virtual live event – focused on delivery of key concepts, or
- 7 hours in-person event – delivering key information and allowing ample time for discussion around scenarios, problem solving and reflection.
Rachel Wright (BSc) Founder of Born at the Right Time
Rachel Wright (BSc RN) is founder of Born at the Right Time, author of The Skies I’m Under, award winning blogger and Best Trainer finalist 2022 National Learning Disability and Autism Awards. Host of the popular The Skies We’re Under Podcast, Rachel’s a passionate speaker, trainer, qualified nurse and unqualified mum of three; one who has severe disabilities, life-limiting epilepsy and an addiction to the gameshow Pointless.
An expert through lived experience, Rachel leads Born at the Right Time to support families of people with complex disabilities whilst also Bridging the Gap between them and the practitioners who support them through CPD certified training, influencing policy makers and turning rhetoric into reality