Workshop for parents – Well-being for parents and carers
January 26 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am| £10
In response to feedback from the Born at the Right Time parenting workshops, we are delighted to announce the launch of themed workshops where parents of children with complex needs apply their lived experience and expert knowledge to lead workshops on subjects that matter to us.
Our plan for each workshop is for it to be relaxed, informative and an opportunity to talk about the real world with people walking the same path.
Each session costs £10 or the whole series can be booked here for a reduced rate of £35. The information giving aspect of the sessions will be recorded and available to those who have booked on but are unable to attend. Each session will be interactive with break out rooms enabling to you to talk to other family members in a similar situation to you.
If you have trouble paying for these workshops email firstname.lastname@example.org for financial assistance.
Season 1: Born at the Right Time themed workshops (Winter 2021/22)
- Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs) Lucy Parr Trainee Educational Psychologist
- Making complaints, working together and not losing your s**t Rachel Wright Founder Born at the Right Time 20th November at 9.30am -11.00am
- Well-being for parents Joanna Griffin Counselling Psychologist 26th January 2022 10-11.30am
- The workshop for dads who would like to be anywhere other than in a workshop Dr Tim Wright GP 23rd February 2022 7.30-9pm
Book here for Episode 3 Season 1
Well-being for parents and carers
26th January 2022 10-11.30am Joanna Griffin
Jo is a Counselling Psychologist, author of the Amazon best-seller Day by Day and parent of a child with complex needs. Jo will explore ways in which parents can look after their own well-being (in the real world). This well-being workshop will look at:
- Common emotional responses from parents of disabled children
- Themes from the research that supports wellbeing
- Practical tips for parents and carers