Kidz to Adultz North Seminar
November 8, 2018 @ 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
Understanding what goes on behind closed doors and listening to lived experiences of families, is an important step past clinical jargon to understanding the complexity and heartbeat of family life for those who have children with additional needs.
Objective: To develop skills needed for effective communication with families
• Understand the complexity of parenting a child with complex needs
• To recognise open, authentic and effective communication is the key to engagement and co-productive working.
• Examine research and best practice around communicating with families.
• Consider the importance of perspective, priorities and partnership.
• To equip professionals with simple steps towards promoting effective communication.
Come and find me on the BHTA stand.